Oct-olbert: "Strangers With Candy" will be released on October 21 and Colbert Report debuts on October 17.
Saturday, July 30, 2005
"Michael Moore and Mel Gibson are the same person, except for a few sit-ups. Moore thought his cheesy political blooper reel was going to tell people how to vote. Mel thought that his little gay S&M movie about his imaginary friend was going to help him get to heaven. George W. Bush is president and there’s still no god. You failed boys. Someone should have told Mike that the bad guys are smarter than him and someone should have told Mel that the Three Stooges were Jewish." - Letter from Penn Jillette (Official Site)
"A work of painstaking and penetrating scholarship...one of the most original and rigorous pieces of criticism in any medium I have encountered in quite some time...also possibly the filthiest, vilest, most extravagantly obscene documentary ever made." - A.O. Scott on The Aristocrats (New York Times)
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Monday, July 25, 2005
* ever-increasing storage space
* completely free
* speed (page doesn't have to reload to sift through messages)
* forwarding ability (works well with another account)
* POP downloading (you can use an e-mail program if you want)
* amazing searchability
* GmailStatus (Mac Os X)
* interesting hacks are popping up all the time
* you can read mail with an aggregator
* to me, Google is innovative and inspiring...Microsoft is stagnating. I cringe when I see a firstname.lastname@example.org on a business card or on a band web site. I guess I am an e-litest!
Monday, July 18, 2005
"As believers in Christ, we pray that God will be glorified through our work and that each of us draw nearer to him as we develop and grow as a business," the company says.
"We also pray for God's unyielding protection for our company, as well as others who are involved in his perfect plan for the world."
The sentiments of Christian developers will also strike a chord with the many family groups concerned about the effects of violent games on children.
"No blood, no guts, no gore," says Rev Bagley. "What we want are emotionally full games that don't just rely on adreneline.
"We are trying to build the genre of Christian gaming. People are tired of having these violent, demonic games dictating to their kids." (from The BBC)
I am sure I can help them out with some potential games for the AlterBoy DS, Christ Box, PriestStation 2 and CrucifictionCube.
* Halo 2 (the round, floaty kind though)
* Need for Sobriety II
* (Abortion Doctor) Killer 7
* Tom Clancy's Holy Ghost Recon 3
* The Sins 2
* Resident Evil-doers
* Super Jesus Brothers
* Leper (based on Frogger, but much messier)
* Thou Shalf Not Commit Grand Theft Anything
* Harry Potter and the Eroding Soul
* Tomb Raiser
* Rachet & Cross
* Street Preacher
* Mortal Communion
* Cardinal Law
* Angels vs. Gaylords
* Sonic the White Dove of Peace
* Tony Hawk's Pro Genuflecter 4
* Pokemon: Mother Theresa Version
* BALTHASAR! Patron Saint of Playing Card Manufacturers